[NTG-pdftex] letterspacing fonts with zero fontdimen6

Robert w.m.l at gmx.net
Fri Jun 11 23:56:31 CEST 2021

Hi,

some fonts neglect to specify their fontdimen 6 (I don't know whether
this should be considered a bug in the respective fonts, but it's just a
reality).

Letterspacing these fonts does not work. This is kind of comprehensible
and I'm not asking to do anything about it. However, what would be nice
is if \letterspacefont could take a manually specified \fontdimen6 into
account. This is for example possible with protrusion, which also
doesn't work with a zero fontdimen6, but can fixed by giving a non-zero one.

Here's an example (change FdSymbolB to FdSymbolA to see how it looks
like with a well-behaved font):

\parindent=0pt
\pdfprotrudechars2
\font\x=FdSymbolB-Regular at 10pt