[NTG-pdftex] segfault with \pdfadjustinterwordglue

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:32:14 CEST 2020

Hi Hans,

> > Thanks.  I think the additions of (r<>null) are no-op
> > thus can be removed.  (It does no harm, though.)
>
> if there is a loop over a list you want to quit when you run out of
> items ...

Of course I know but still I think the additions of (r<>null) are
no-op.  Reasons:

> else if (type(p) = kern_node) and
>             (subtype(p) = auto_kern) and
>             (save_tail <> null) then

Here save_tail is already known to be non-null, so ...

>     begin
>         r := save_tail;

Here r is non-null.

>         while (link(r) <> null) and (link(r) <> p) do

Inside this loop link(r) is non-null, so ...

>             r := link(r);

Here again r is non-null.

> > I wonder if there is still some possibility of uninitialized
> > save_tail (which is 0, not null).
>
> null is actually 0 in tex

But from my observation of the Robert's MWE,
save_tail was 0 but not equal to null.
That's why it accidentally fell through.

Hironobu