[NTG-pdftex] \expanded

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu May 17 08:55:33 CEST 2018

On 16/05/2018 23:57, Karl Berry wrote:
> The only pdftex 1.50 info I know about is from here:
>    http://tug.org/svn/pdftex/branches/qstex/README.qstex
> which are actually some changes over 1.50, but it's all I've got.
>
> Doing a diff against the qstex branch pdftex.web from the "stable"
> (which I really must move back to trunk) branch, I see stuff relating to
> pdf layers and not much else in terms of primitives.

I think at this remove it's likely not that worth worry about. If one
were using semantic versioning, adding a new primitive would bump the
minor version (so something like 1.41.0). However, that's not how pdfTeX
versions work: the 'step' is .10 anyway, and various primitives have
been added between 1.40.0 and the current release. So I was imagining
that the pattern would continue.

Joseph