[NTG-pdftex] \expanded

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon May 14 17:49:13 CEST 2018

On 5/13/2018 11:33 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Joseph, David, and all - thanks for your hard work on this. I don't
> foresee a problem. I'll merge this into the pdftex and TL repos as soon
> as I have a chance, and confirm/get back with any questions. --karl.
I searched old mails and found an answer from Wolfgang (around 2011) to
another context dev about the \expanded primitive (we had a macro
\expanded already) not working in mkii mentioning that \expanded was in
pdftex 1.50 on our machines but that the binary was not yet released ...
it must have been in the pdftex-being-unmaintained days as on my machine
pdftex now seems to be 1.40.18

Anyway, it seem to have been added to pdftex too when (or after) we
added it to LuaTeX (where it was already) but somehow that never made
into mainstream pdftex. It makes me wonder if more got lost. We'll never
know I guess. Maybe you should also bump the pdftex version number now.