[NTG-pdftex] problems still, within tounicode.c

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 09:29:20 CEST 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     rm> ... test the full name
>     (including °ТРЬ.°ТРЫs) first, for a datbase entry.  If found, use it.
>     Otherwise, try again using just the prefix (as at present).
>
> That surely sounds sensible.
>
>     Or in case a name is multiply qualified; e.g.,
>               delta.sc.ipa         (occurs in  cmu-tipx.enc )   also
>               omega.sc.ipa   q.sc.ipa   f.sc.ipa
>     then drop off the qualifications from the end.
>     So test in order:   delta.sc.ipa   delta.sc   delta
>
> Ack.
>
> Thanh, can you confirm that we should go ahead with this plan?

​I think it's reasonable to have this behavior possible.

However, Iet's say we have

\textsc{This is a heading}

What is the common expectation when one does copy/paste this text from a
pdf viewer?
I personally expect to get the same text, not the unicode points for the
*.sc glyphs from the actual font.

This brings up another question: perhaps we can add the behavior proposed
by Ross, but it has to be enabled explicitly via a primitive?

Regards,
Thanh