[NTG-pdftex] Incomplete CharSet causes failure with PDF/A validation

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sat Jun 11 02:48:39 CEST 2016

Hi again,

Just one more thing to add.

On Jun 11, 2016, at 8:57 AM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org<mailto:karl at freefriends.org>> wrote:

This is the same problem as reported 3 years ago on SX:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/81927/charset-missing-or-incomplete-error-during-creating-pdf-a-by-pdfx-sty

A couple of days ago, I requested it be reopened ...

At any rate, I (or Thanh or whomever) need an example demonstrating the
failure that can be run.  Maybe you can make a self-contained set of
files (the font(s) in needed formats, the tex source, etc.)?

… and now we have the MWE, sent in me previous message.

— When it gets through on the list, that is. It’s held up by a limit of 40kb !!!!

I really do not think that anything related to generating PDF/A from LaTeX
documents can anymore be described as being "too localized”.

Maybe someone can add a comment saying something like:
 “we now understand the reason for this, and expect a fix to be available
 in TeXLive by late 2016 or 2017."

We try to keep the type1 code in sync between dvips and pdftex, so it's
sad that the results differ.  Clearly something is awry :(.  --thanks, karl.

Cheers

Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | Level 2, S2.638 AHH
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>