[NTG-pdftex] Incomplete CharSet causes failure with PDF/A validation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 11 00:57:10 CEST 2016

Hi Ross - I don't have the DavidCLM-Medium font, and had never heard of
the culmus package; I see now it is a pretty big effort on sf.

At any rate, I (or Thanh or whomever) need an example demonstrating the
failure that can be run.  Maybe you can make a self-contained set of
files (the font(s) in needed formats, the tex source, etc.)?

Or: it doesn't matter if there is a workaround for it, as long as it
shows the failure.  So if you have an example that uses fonts already in
TL, so much the better.

We try to keep the type1 code in sync between dvips and pdftex, so it's
sad that the results differ.  Clearly something is awry :(.  --thanks, karl.