[NTG-pdftex] Fwd: Supressing PTEX.Fullbanner and Producer version strings

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Apr 30 12:17:10 CEST 2016

Hi Akira, hi all,
(please cc, not on the list)

> (2) New primitives \pdfinfoomitdate and \pdftrailerid.
>    If \pdfinfoomitdate=1, date is omitted.
>    If \pdftrailerid{somestring}, somestring is used as the trailer.
>    It can be \pdftrailerid{}.

I am playing with this and found that it doesn't work without
problems in ini files:

$ pdftex -ini
***\relax
entering extended mode

*\input pdftexconfig.tex
(/home/norbert/tl/2016/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex-ini-files/pdftexconfig.tex)
*\pdfinfoomitdate = 1

*\pdfsuppressptexinfo = 1

*\pdftrailerid{}
! Missing { inserted.
<to be read again>
                   {
<*> \pdftrailerid{
                  }
?

*\pdftrailerid{}

*

So the *first* call to \pdftrailerid (and \pdfinfo the same!) fails
but the second call works out.

It seems that there is a problem withthe caatcode of the { which only
gets set after the error handler is entered.

That is current TeX Live source (svn) build.

All the best

Norbert

(please cc, not on the list)