[NTG-pdftex] Deterministic PDFs (switch to disable addition of timestamps and random ID nonces)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 25 16:25:26 CEST 2015

On 6/23/2015 6:39 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>      helpful to have a switch that causes pdftex to output deterministic
>      PDF files.
>
> Agreed.  (As I recall, another person made the same request not long
> ago.)  I hope we will do this for the next release.  Thanks.  --karl

One can influence what goes into info, like:

% engine=pdftex

\starttext
     \pdfcompresslevel0
     \pdfobjcompresslevel0
     \pdfinfo{/CreationDate/null}
     \pdfinfo{/ModDate/null}
     \pdfinfo{/ID/null}
     test
\stoptext

(in context lingua)

So, one can also set some constants that way. I see no reason for a
patch. Use (...) for a more meaningful value. In fact, one can always
replace values like that afterwards with a script as long as the size of
the file is kept (last time i did that was over a decade ago).