[NTG-pdftex] Docu: \pdfminorversion, default value

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 21 01:45:01 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-20 at 23:51:01 +0200, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > the manual for pdfTeX 1.40.15 writes in table 2, that the default
 > value for \pdfminorversion is 4. However the description for
 > \pdfminorversion says it's 5.
 >
 > I think, the latter is wrong, because
 >
 >   pdftex --ini '\showthe\pdfminorversion\end'
 >
 > reports 4.

I suppose that the source of confusion is that pdflatex is using
\pdfminorversion=5 by default for some time.

  $ pdflatex '\nonstopmode\showthe\pdfminorversion\stop'
  > 5.

Heiko, what is the state of Ghostscript?  Did you report the bugs
already?  I cannot upload any new version of gs for Windows to the
TeX Live repository before the bugs concerning Hyperref are being
fixed.  You are the only one who can provide detailed information
and from our discussion in Heidelberg I deduce that you already
found out what _exactly_ they did wrong.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de