[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Feature Requests][4342] Output clearer for parsing it more easily

pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org pdftex-featurerequests at sarovar.org
Wed Jul 27 19:57:41 CEST 2011

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

Parsing the output of pdfTeX is not an easy task. Thus it would be nice to have a clearer output.

The main issues I see currently:

- Opening and closing files with parentheses: when we find a closing parenthesis, we are not sure it closes a file.

- A context from the document is sometimes printed below a warning or an error, but those contexts don't have delimiters.

- A line can contain several information, and one information can be split into several lines. It doesn't make the parsing easier.

There was a mail on the mailing list about the same issue:
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/pdftex/2009-March/007960.html

Best regards,
Sébastien