[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Bugs][4336] Distorted audio with beamer

pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org
Sat Apr 2 15:53:21 CEST 2011

Bugs item #4336, was opened at 2011-04-02 13:53
Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
I've encountered a problem in 1.40.11 that isn't present in 1.40.10.

I've been trying to embed audio in Beamer presentations and when I try and play it back in Adobe Reader, in Windows, the audio is distorted.

I've tried building the presentation through other methods (latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf) and it works fine, so definitely seems to be an issue with pdflaTeX.

Attached an example with the .tex, the original audio and a PDF created through pdflatex and another created by ps2pdf (ps2pdf doesn't embed audio, so you'll need to have it in the same folder as the .pdf) for comparison.