[NTG-pdftex] processing speed

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat May 30 01:25:46 CEST 2009

On Sat, 30 May 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> my impression is that your problem relates to pdf memory as well as
> literals accumulating (and temp taking mem)

he does dvi.

> > Maybe PGF creates a lot of control sequences at runtime, using
> > \csname and \endcsname in macros.  This would increase the control
> > sequence hash and then it takes more time to find a particular
> > macro.
>
> neglectable, and not increasing during the run i guess

seems so, hash fill level doesn't change.

seems also that it has nothing to do with \input! Since when i replace
\input by .so and use soelim -t to expand the input files to some huge
file

    4505098590 30. Mai 01:14 testplain-so.tex

the slow-down is about the same. Also top shows no increase of pdftex
memory usage. Weird.

Regards, Hartmut