[NTG-pdftex] processing speed

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jul 3 23:38:58 CEST 2009

On 2 July 2009 Hans Hagen wrote:

 > in order to solve this problem we need to know what happens at the tex
 > end which boils down to stripping the the smallest failing example

Hi Hans,
the problem is that I don't know how to strip it down.  The first
test file I provided was such an attempt, but it turned out that it was
misleading.

 > maybe a tracingall will give you a clue (lots of literals or lost of
 > long csnames or so)

Yes, this is a good idea, I'll try it tomorrow.

 > unless i have a plain example that also shows it in context i fear i
 > cannot be of much help

I just provided one:

   http://tug.org/~kotucha/testpgfplotsplain.tex.gz

If you are using pdftex, it will show times in scaled seconds.  If you
you are using luatex, the times are in seconds.  But if you are using
a recent version of luatex, you probably have to replace \directlua0 by
\directlua in the script.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25