[NTG-pdftex] Urgent help needed (Document open settings)

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 22 12:55:56 CEST 2009

Dear Colleagues -- I am being driven to distraction
by my inability to persuade PdfTeX to set the default
"Document open" option to "Fit Visible".  I know
that Hyperref can accomplish this, but I am working
in TeX, not LaTeX.  I assume that an appropriate
incantation to \pdfliteral will be all that is
required, but so far Google has failed to throw
up any useful hints as to what to pass to \pdfliteral
to accomplish this.  Your help will be much appreciated.

Philip Taylor