[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Bugs][606] Forbidden ... while scanning ???

pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org
Tue Apr 7 08:28:19 CEST 2009

Bugs item #606, was opened at 2006-09-16 22:28
Category: Primitives
Group: v1.40.0
Resolution: Postponed

Initial Comment:
\pdftrailer {abc
\bye

gives

! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning text
of \pdftrailer.

but

\pdfximage {abc
\bye

or

\pdfliteral {abc
\bye

give

! Forbidden control sequence found while scanning text
of ???.

Instead of these three question marks there should be
the name of the primitive.

Date: 2009-04-07 08:28

Message:
Attached is what I would do: patch scan_keyword() to restore
cur_cs in the 'false' case.

Comment By: Martin Schröder (oneiros)