[NTG-pdftex] [pdftex-Bugs][884] Letterspacing and non-autoexpanded fonts

pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org pdftex-bugs at sarovar.org
Mon Apr 6 01:23:10 CEST 2009

Bugs item #884, was opened at 2007-11-27 09:53
Category: hz
Group: v1.40.5
>Resolution: Wont Fix

Initial Comment:
While auto-expanding letterspaced fonts works fine now,
there still is a problem with non-automatic expansion.
The following will complain about a missing tfm file.

It doesn't make a difference whether the expanded font
instance is created from an mf file (like below), via
`ExtendFont' in the map file, or even whether it was
created from a MM font (ie., the expanded instance
actually exists as a pfb file).
The latter case is what bothers me the most.

\pdfadjustspacing2
\pdfmapline{ cmr10}
\pdfmapline{+cmr10+100}
\font\cmr=cmr10 \cmr
\letterspacefont\cmrls=\cmr 100
\pdffontexpand\cmrls 100 0 100 %autoexpand
\cmrls
Hamburgefonts\par
\parfillskip 0pt
Hamburgefonts
\bye

PS: what about the `invalid entry' complaint for the
map lines? Are they not legal?