[NTG-pdftex] SyncTeX, file names with spaces and other funny characters

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 19 02:02:56 CEST 2008

    The fix is simply to rely on the output_file_name (instead of the
    jobname), remove the terminating path extension and append to one
    required by SyncTeX.
    It works for the very simple tests I could think of.

Sounds ok to me, FWIW.  After all, the synctex file is an output file.

    Unbalanced quotes in argument tes"t.tex
    Are there reasons for such a discrimination?

Olaf implemented a quoting mechanism some years ago, mainly to handle
filenames with spaces.
http://www.tug.org/texinfohtml/web2c.html#g_t_005cinput-filenames

There is no way to quote the quotes, although I evidently failed to
update the doc when Olaf told me that.

karl