[NTG-pdftex] 2-up on landscape

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat May 3 13:46:37 CEST 2008

My thanks to all who have contributed to this thread
(Thanh, Reinhard, Martin, Hartmut, et al).  To clarify,
Reinhard is quite right : my LaTeX expertise is so
non-existent that I didn't consider for one second
doing what would have been 2nd-nature had I been
working in Plain : hack the o/p routine.

But my reason for sending the message to the PdfTeX
developers was that PdfTeX is its own driver, and as
drivers frequently provide n-up capability, it seemed
by no means impossible that PdfTeX might do the same.

As it does not, and as the hyperlinks are essential
(the TOC refers to the start of each chapter), I will
need a solution that preserves these.  I have not yet
had time to investigate Pdfpages or Quire, but both
look interesting and I will report back once I know
whether either or both preserver hyperlinks.

As PdfTeX does /not/ provide n-up capability inately,
would it be possible to request this for consideration
as a future enhancement ?

** Phil.