[NTG-pdftex] 2-up on landscape

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat May 3 03:22:28 CEST 2008

Hartmut Henkel writes:
 > On Thu, 1 May 2008, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 > > There is a very powerful LaTeX package pdfpages.sty which allows you
 > > to post process pdf files.
 >
 > is there really not any package that would collect two pages right in
 > the output routine?

Hi Hartmut,
given that Phil wrote his document in plain TeX, he would certainly be
able to write such an output routine himself.  I'm in Poland now and
can't look into the TeXbook ATM, but I'm sure it gives some hints.

He wrote his text in LaTeX and the LaTeX output routine is so complex
that it dosn't make much fun to change it.

The advantage of changing the output routine is that hyperlinks are
preserved.  In most cases this is not necessary and the advantage of
pdfpages is that it allows you to post-process arbitrary PDF files,
independent of the program which created them.  This is an invaluable
feature of pdfpages.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25