[NTG-pdftex] ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=6000].

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:06:37 CEST 2008

Hi pdftex team,

I have encountered the problem with the stack_size parameter. Enlarging
a complex context document results in the error
   ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=6000].
Since a compilation of individual document parts is OK I do not believe
in the recurse problem.

Interesting is that texmf.cnf sets (TL 07):
   stack_size               =    5000
   stack_size.context       =   10000
so I was curious why pdftex (tested on 1.40.5 and the current 1.40.8) is
writting about 6000. It seems to me it simply cuts down the number
greater then 6000.

- Is the 6000 a real limit?
- If so then context setting to 10000 is useless.
- If not can it be increased a bit? Let us say to 10000?

Thanks
Vit Zyka