[NTG-pdftex] Synchronization

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Feb 11 11:53:53 CET 2008

Hans Hagen wrote:

> (btw, is there an indication of the speed penalty and influence on the
> memory footprint when this feature is not enabled?)

my guesstimate is less than half of a percent speed penalty,
and about a 1-2% node memory size increase, for plain tex.

Speed penalty for latex/context will be considerably lower still,
because they spend much more time interpreting macros.

The speed penalty will be higher when enable, of course, but
it makes no difference for memory consumption.

Best wishes,
Taco