[NTG-pdftex] Synchronization

LAURENS Jérôme jlaurens at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 11 10:33:12 CET 2008

Le 10 févr. 08 à 20:22, Hans Hagen a écrit :

> LAURENS Jérôme wrote:
>
>> I forgot to say that the command line option is now -synctex=1 and
>> the  primitive is \synctex
>
> the primitive probably will be changes into something
> \pdfsynchronize=<number>

I don't think this is a good idea because synctex does not use any pdf
related feature, unlike former pdfsync.
It would be misleading to include "pdf" in the name.
Moreover, one can see in synctex a common technology shared by all
tex.web based engines, including xetex.

I agree that a name like \pdfsynchronize is more user friendly, but
the advantage of synctex is that it can also be used in the CLI...
as I said the string "synctex" is also some kind of keyword.