[NTG-pdftex] Fwd: Rebuilding pdftex gives ---! Must increase the hyph_size (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:59:23 CEST 2008

pdftex (and any program that uses kpathsea) can be run from
any location, but one has to set TEXMFCNF to the right
location (and probably edit texmf.cnf slightly). Personally
I use

TEXMFCNF=/opt/texlive/texmf-config/web2c:/opt/texlive/texmf-main/web2c

where /opt/texlive/texmf-main/web2c/texmf.cnf is the
original texlive texmf.cnf, and I put my changes
/opt/texlive/texmf-config/web2c/texmf.cnf to override a few
tl settings.

Thanh