[NTG-pdftex] Question related to .ttc support

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Aug 9 14:53:07 CEST 2008

Thanh Han The wrote:

> Your patch changes pdftex so that it will treat TTC like
> truetype font. While it works for your case, I am not
> confident that it's the right way to do that. Someone with a
> thorough understanding of TTC format can comment on this?

IIRC, the patch will give access to the *first* font in the
collection, because that has an offset of zero (which makes
the first font in the ttc behave the same as a standalone ttf
font, when the ttc header is ignored).

You could apply the patch but not document support for ttc
files (because the really patch doesn't implement that). This
gives a small subset of ttc functionality, but still better
than mishandling the format completely.

Best wishes,
Taco