[NTG-pdftex] PDF images : any limit to their number in PdfTeX (Win-32, TeX Live 2007)

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 25 20:02:53 CEST 2008

I am endeavouring to typeset a book which will include
between four and five thousand PDF images (included
using \includeimage from package "Graphicx"); PdfTeX
(Win-32, TeX Live 2007) is bombing out with no
error message, and I am concerned it may be hitting
some limit.  Is there any known limit, and if not,
does four to five thousand seem reasonable ?

I should add that each of these images forms
a part of one row of an \halign ...

Philip TAYLOR