[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Feature Requests-743 ] Fake beginning/end of line for protrusion

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Tue Mar 6 08:52:56 CET 2007

http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=496&aid=743&group_id=106

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Although the situation with missing protrusion has
certainly improved, there are still a lot of cases
where characters will not be protruded (e.g. with
indented paragraphs, at the beginning of list items, or
of table cells).
So I think it would be useful to have some commands
that make pdftex believe that it is at the beginning or
end of a line (e.g. \protchar{left,right}). So that you
could for instance say:
 \item\protcharleft ``...
Difficult?