[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Thu Jun 28 13:32:10 CEST 2007

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

>> I find it annoying how legitimate concerns and existing _standard_ use
>> cases and packages are simply brushed aside or ignored.  While there
>> may be priorities that make it necessary to postpone a proper
>> implementation, it is not because people putting forward their
>> concerns and presenting their use cases are idiots or weirdos that can
>> safely be ignored.
>
> again, we're talking of pdf data ending up in formats as a result of a
> ref to an xform, not about macro packages; instead of embedding the
> graphic one could use a reference to an external file (using an media
> related annotation) but that's something at the macro level and not
> pdftex internals

I'm not sure I understand you.  Do you mean that macro packages should
use a different way of embedding graphics than they do now?  If I
understand you right, this would require that every existing macro
package for graphics inclusion should be changed, because otherwise it
couldn't be used together with preview-latex or whizzytex.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)