[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Wed Jun 27 20:06:20 CEST 2007

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> Thanh Han The wrote:
>> dumping an image in pdf mode is rather difficult to get
>> right. If in dvi mode an image is "stored" by a reference to
>> an external file, then I am afraid the speed gain is not
>> that much. There is for sure some comfort by having a dumped
>> file reference in the format, but again that can be also
>> achieved for pdf mode using some macros IMHO.
>
> to me it looks like a rather useless option to include an image in a
> format, just as we don't embed type 1 fonts in the format either so
> let's not waste energy on it

You know that you just said "To me it looks like a rather useless option
to include an image in a \savebox in the LaTeX preamble", or "To me it
looks like a rather useless option to support preview-latex in PDF mode
even for people who use \savebox with images in their preamble"?

> also, those who generate a format should know what they're doing/dealing
> with

David knows, but preview-latex just takes the LaTeX preamble which its
users have written.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster