[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:22:03 CEST 2007

dumping an image in pdf mode is rather difficult to get
right. If in dvi mode an image is "stored" by a reference to
an external file, then I am afraid the speed gain is not
that much. There is for sure some comfort by having a dumped
file reference in the format, but again that can be also
achieved for pdf mode using some macros IMHO.

My vote is also to disable \pdfrefximage and the likes in
init mode.

Thanh