[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Jun 27 15:10:09 CEST 2007

2007/6/27, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org>:
> "Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> writes:
> > \savebox
>
> It is the mechanism LaTeX _offers_ to users (it will commonly get used
> in connection with fancyhdr.sty, for example).  And it uses a similar
> mechanism itself in \AtBeginDVI.
>
> Saying that it shouldn't is a bit late in the game.

This is the first user complaining in years (it has always been
broken). I don't forsee many people complaining if we disable it. How
many people do you know that do \includegraphics in the ini?

Disabling \pdfximage is easy, enabling it is probably much harder
(Taco is investigating that), and only very few users need it (the
ones raising the bug don't really unless pdfTeX dumps the complete
image in the format; meta-infos won't be enough).

Best
   Martin