[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Jun 27 13:59:36 CEST 2007

2007/6/27, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org>:
> Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:
> > A very quick, fast, and non-crashing solution is to disable setting
> > \pdfoutput to non-zero in initex mode :-)

No, because that get's dumped and the pdf*-formats (like pdflatex.ini) set it.

> > So, that leaves two options: bluntly disabling \pdfrefximage et.al.
> > in ini mode, or adding dump/undump code for those arrays. It would
> > not be a very invasive patch, and that has my preference.
> >
> > What do you think?

That's exactly what I propose to do: Disable \pdfximage and other
commands (like \pdfxform and \pdfobj) that cause problems in ini mode.

> So it is is feasible, my vote would be on dumping the required arrays.

It's not easily done; a patch would be welcomed, but be warned that
this is _hard_. And I seriously doubt that luaTeX needs it.

Best
   Martin