[NTG-pdftex] images in formats

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jun 27 13:40:12 CEST 2007

noreply at sarovar.org wrote:
> Bugs item #824, was opened at 2007-06-26 00:22
> You can respond by visiting:
> http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=824&group_id=106

etc. etc.

A very quick, fast, and non-crashing solution is to disable setting
\pdfoutput to non-zero in initex mode :-)

I do not think it is feasible to support the actual inclusion of
image files into the format, but I dont believe that is really
needed: the crash is a result of the fact that the image_array
and pdf_mem are not written to the format.

So, that leaves two options: bluntly disabling \pdfrefximage et.al.
in ini mode, or adding dump/undump code for those arrays. It would
not be a very invasive patch, and that has my preference.

What do you think?

Taco