[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-809 ] Incorrect FontFlags for Symbol font (34 instead of 4)

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Wed Jun 20 11:51:30 CEST 2007

Bugs item #809, was opened at 2007-06-20 09:51
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=809&group_id=106

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi!

with version 1.40.3 of pdftex I have the following problem: When the
standard PDF-Font "Symbol" is used in the pdf-file, then the /Flags
entry of the FontDescriptor is set to 34 rather than to 4.

This is incorrect and causes the resulting files to be displayed
incorrectly by the Acrobat Reader.

To reproduce the problem, I use the following LaTeX-code:

\documentclass{article}

\pdfcompresslevel0
\font\myfont=psyr\relax

\begin{document}

\pagestyle{empty}
\myfont SG

\end{document}

My pdftex.map is standard and contains the following line:

psyr Symbol

According to the pdftex manual, this should cause the /Flags entry of
the font in the PDF-file to be set to 4 (which would be correct and
which would be the Flags value of a Symbol font). However, on my
system the resulting pdf file (which I attach) contains a /Flags entry of
34 (which is incorrect here and which is the Flags value of a serif
standard font).

I hope this report is reasonably clear...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated,
Till Tantau