[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.4 incoming

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jul 10 08:42:57 CEST 2007

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

>>> I'll apply the following ctrld-ctrlz.ch for Windows:
>>>
>>> @x
>>> print_ln; print("(Retry if file name is empty or CTRL-D to exit.");
>>> @y
>>> print_ln; print("(Retry if file name is empty or CTRL-Z + Enter to exit.");
>>> @z
>> In this case, we may not be able to use the common
>> pool files.
>
> A dummy string might be inserted so that the pool file
> contains both string variants.

I vote for Phil's approach. I suspect most of the people that do
not know how to generate an EOF in the console will not understand
the key press reference either.

Besides, tricks like dummy strings tend to lead to bugs in the years
to come. (said as the person who just spend a whole day figuring out
that the weird "file_name_size=maxint" statement in tex.ch is part
of a trick to simplify openclose.c as it forces the "namelength" var
to be of the correct allocation size).

Best wishes,
Taco