[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.4 incoming

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Jul 9 15:55:48 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

> Martin Schröder wrote:
>>>
>>> a) Aleph can be considered abandoned as long as nobody hears of
>>>    Giuseppe.  Is there a publicly accessible SCM, or is the last
>>>    tarball all that is there?
>>
>> Not that I know of. Giuseppe is probably using luaTeX. :-)
>
> Last I heard from Giuseppe, he has no intention of working on Aleph
> any more. fwiw, the current TeXlive sources are leading (rc4).
>
> I have about a dozen or so Aleph bugfixes in luatex that *should* be
> backported, but I am not in the least interested in doing that, as
> it seems nobody really cares about Aleph any more anyway.

If nobody cares about Aleph anymore, we should probably remove it from
TeXlive altogether.  Same for Omega/Lambda/Lamed/Ctulhu (or what the
Aleph version of ConTeXt was called).  If someone complains during the
TeXlive2008 beta phase, one can still ponder resurrecting them.

I am not actually sure that no _users_ care about those, however, even
though it is pretty clear that the developers have more or less gone.

--
David Kastrup