[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.4 incoming

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Jul 9 13:12:14 CEST 2007

"Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> writes:

> 2007/7/9, Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:
>> The latest version of 746 (retry), changed by Heiko himself, is the
>> following.
>
> I've applied it.
>
>> This problem is related to all Web2C, so I've attached the corresponding
>> changes for Aleph and Omega.
>
> We don't trace Aleph & Omega in the pdftex-svn,

Does anybody actually trace them?  Would the following appear
accurate?

a) Aleph can be considered abandoned as long as nobody hears of
   Giuseppe.  Is there a publicly accessible SCM, or is the last
   tarball all that is there?

b) Omega, at the very least in versions likely to appear in TeXlive,
   is not maintained anymore either.  There is presumably upstream
   development in Brest, but "upstream" might be somewhat of a
   misnomer as the pipes appear clogged, and Omega2-to-be would not
   appear to be in a state fit for general consumption.

Since in both cases the upstream connection appears to have dried up,
it would seem reasonable to apply "obvious fixes" to TeXlive?

> so I'll apply the changes when I push 1.40.4 upstream into TL (if I
> remember :).

At some point of time, we might phase out all of that stuff from
TeXlive.  Probably after a user poll and after LuaTeX has reached some
stability.

--
David Kastrup