[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.4 incoming

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Mon Jul 9 12:04:30 CEST 2007

2007/7/9, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
> You said you were waiting for discussion on tex-implementors
> (or tex-live). Was there any of that?

There was a long discussion on TL (you were part of it:), nothing on
tex-implementors that I remember. I think Karl summed it up nicely:

\begin{quote}
Since the simplest solution of aborting the job when RET is pressed does
not appeal to Taco and Hans, my suggestion is to apply Heiko's other
patch, so that it will retry with the exact name.  At least that will
avoid the reported bug of overwriting the input file, which seems pretty
important.  We could debate forever about ideal behavior.  Let's not.

Personally, I think it would also be very nice if CTRL-C in response to
enter a filename prompt did something other than retrying a file, but
(depressingly) I'm not prepared to implement it (again).
\end{quote}

Best
   Martin