[NTG-pdftex] tools to check whether a pdf is invalid

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 10:53:53 CET 2007

Hi,

I am collecting some tools to check whether a pdf is ok. I
put what I have found so far to a script which can be used
as follows:

,--------
| $ checkpdf microtype.pdf
| Checking microtype.pdf using pdfvalidator...
| PDF library evaluation version, created Dec 2006
| Checking microtype.pdf using Multivalent Validate tool...
| Checking microtype.pdf using Ghostscript...
| Checking microtype.pdf using pdftoppm (xpdf)...
| Printing microtype.pdf to microtype.ps using Acrobat Reader...
| Checking microtype.ps using Ghostscript...
| Printing microtype.pdf to microtype.ps using pdftops (xpdf)...
| Checking microtype.ps using Ghostscript...
| Done.
`--------

if someone knows of another tool which can be added, please
share your experience. Or if someone is interested in the
script, I will post it here.

Thanh

Ref:
pdfvalidator: from pdf-tools.com