[NTG-pdftex] problem of acrobat reader 4.0 or pdftex?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Wed Feb 7 20:40:28 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Thanh Han The wrote:

> while viewing the microtype manual (from texlive2007) using
> acr4.0 on linux, I found some oddities as shown here:
>
> http://www.sendspace.com/file/25thl2
>
> But the problem doesn't occur with acr7.0, xpdf or gv. So it's likely
> a bug of acr4 on linux?

the file looks ok. Indication that it could be an acr4.0 problem are
Notes 57 and 58 in Appendix H of the PDFRef 5th ed. Maybe it doesn't
like these interspersed color changes. I guess they were formerly done
without "direct" option. Would be interesting to see if without "direct"
the problem goes away.

Regards, Hartmut