[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-729 ] problem with pdftex-1.40.1 and Gentium ligatures

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Fri Feb 2 20:20:14 CET 2007

Bugs item #729, was opened at 2007-02-02 14:33
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=729&group_id=106

Category: Fonts
Group: v1.40.1

Initial Comment:
Hi,

Johan Sandblom ran into a problem with Gentium that
seems to be related to pdftex's handling of cff fonts.
Have a look the attached example.

When you view the generated pdf document in Acrobat,
there is no
problem, but when you print it (at least in ar7), the
Gentium c
haracters are not visible at all in the output.
Included is the
output of acroread 7.0.8's print-to-file on linux .

The really weird part is that removing the chancery
font fixes
the problem with the Gentium. /me doesn't get it, I
hope someone
else understand what happens.

Taco

Comment By: Reinhard Kotucha (reinhard)