[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-776 ] Filenames with multiple spaces are not recognized

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Apr 18 22:24:42 CEST 2007

Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> writes:

> Many thanks to Nobody (whoever this is) and Taco.
>
> The tex file is generated by a perl script, hence it should be very
> easy to be fixed.  BTW, I don't need \everyjob here because I don't
> use format files.  This makes things even easier.

Well, I just noticed that I am Nobody.

I realized this kind of nonsense, by the way, from trying to use
XMLTeX as a format.  XMLTeX turns - into an active character in order
to inhibit ligatures.  It turns out that as a consequence, XMLTeX as a
format can't accept filenames with - signs on the command line.

It is left as an exercise to the reader to figure out how the
interaction of format and file name is supposed to work in the
presence of -parse-first-line: it would appear to me that in this case
the file name needs to get established before the format name.