[NTG-pdftex] \pdfprimitive

Philip & Le Khanh Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Sat Apr 7 15:12:40 CEST 2007

Yes, that was the decision we took with e-TeX, and
I do not think that with the benefit of hindsight
the decision was a mistaken one. All you are doing
by using a "pdf" prefix is /reducing/ the chances
of a namespace clash, not eliminating the possibility.

But I am not against the idea of a prefix per se;
I am more concerned that the choice of "pdf" as
the prefix for functionality that has nothing
to do with PDF can only mislead the innocent user.

** Phil.
--------