[NTG-pdftex] \pdfprimitive

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sun Apr 8 03:34:46 CEST 2007

"TH" == Taco Hoekwater writes:

 TH> In LuaTeX I will follow the eTeX paradigm, and this particular
 TH> command will be called \primitive. Only PDF-related commands will
 TH> have a \pdf prefix.

and LuaTeX later is going to be merged into pdftex...
what will happen to the primitive names, then?

if you will have renamed most of them (with stripped "pdf" at the
beginning), it will create another messy situation.

so it seems safer to stick to the already used names, otherwise there
will be a mess of prefixed and non-prefixed names (i personally also
don't like the prefix, but since it is already used, it should be
retained in both pdftex and luatex).

Best,
v.