[NTG-pdftex] [tex-live] Debian TeX -- new packages

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sun Apr 1 13:51:26 CEST 2007

2007/4/1, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
> Frank Küster wrote:
> > I have half-finished autoconf magic to make the switch to poppler
> > configurable.  If you volunteer  to finish it, I can send it to you.
>
> Since I am the one complaining, that would definately be fair.
> But before I say yes, how much knowledge would be needed? I know
> only a very little bit about autoconf, and unless there is a good
> manual you can point me to, it could take me a long time to learn.

Taco,
please finish luaTeX instead. :-)

I know little about autofoo, but probably more than you, so I will
help Frank. But please be patient. Not tomorrow, but definitely in
time for 1.50. :-)

I think it would help this effort if pdfTeX had a layer of abstraction
between itself and xpdf/poppler/...; will work on that.

Best
   Martin