[NTG-pdftex] xpdf/poppler usage: Movements on the poppler sid e, and a request for help

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Oct 28 10:48:39 CEST 2006

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>  > [...] that's the part that worries me most because in general tex
>
>> development has a rather bad history of cross platform code development
>>

> W H A A A T ? ? ! ! ! ! !
>
> TeX is surely /the/ program, /par excellence/, that is guaranteed
> to produce identical results on every platform.  I genuinely don't
> understand to what "rather bad history of cross platform code
> development" you refer, Hans.  BNB cc'd, because I suspect she
> may want to comment on this.

that's another matter; the fact that it does produce identical results
is related to the tex kernel, not to the actual binary that goed beyond
tex by being integrated in a  cross platform tex environment (say web2c);

https://xemtex.groups.foundry.supelec.fr/xemtex-web-gb-2-5.html

summarizes this nicely; anyhow, it has been discussed frequently at recent user group meetings