[NTG-pdftex] Adding a \cscode

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Oct 23 22:19:20 CEST 2006

Dear Javier, copy all --

Because it is difficult for me to think in Russian (or
even in Greek), would it be possible for you to give
an example of your desired behaviour using (say)
French.  I /imagine/ that what you are saying
is that if we take é (<e-acute>) as an example of
a character that could not normally form a part
of a control sequence, you would like to be able
to do the following :

	\cscode `\é = 1
	\catcode `\é = \active
	\def é{\'e}
	\def \née {born}

and that this solution is preferred to

	\catcode `\é = \catcode `\e
	\def \née {born}

because the latter does not allow the

	\catcode `\é = \active
	\def é{\'e}

functionality that \cscode does.  Is this correct ?

** Phil.
--------
because the latter has implications