[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-611 ] Bug of pdftex beta upon reading some truetype

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Mon Oct 2 22:47:59 CEST 2006

Bugs item #611, was opened at 2006-09-30 00:17
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=611&group_id=106

Category: Fonts
Group: v1.40.0

Initial Comment:
I have recently installed pdftex beta on my Linux box.
But I am puzzled by a strange behavior of newly
installed pdftex. For your test, I've put a minimal
tarball (1.6M) to a server:

http://210.94.201.157/~nomos/KTUG/truetypetest.tar.gz

On my i686 Linux machine, compiling the following file
(which is included in the tarball above) with pdftex
beta version 20060906 fails with Segmentation Fault.

====================
%\pdfmapline{+oungtb4e <oungtb4e.enc <UnDotumBold.ttf}
%%% it works.
\pdfmapline{+oungtb at Unicode@ <UnDotumBold.ttf}
%%% it segfaults.
\font\mytt=oungtb4e\relax
\mytt
\char0
\char1
\bye

PDFTeX beta 20060928, the most recent version at the
time of this reporting, crashes too.
Please inspect the problem.