[NTG-pdftex] Creating identical PDF files with different pdfTeX runs

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:42:25 CET 2006

there are a few places where pdftex takes the current time
into account to generate certain tags. Implementing a
primitive to leave out date-related things is not difficult.
Can you please give some further explain what it would be useful
for?

Also note that even when such a primitive is available, the
chance you get the same output for a given input file is
rather low. You need to ensure that *all* relevant files
(like font-related stuff, macro, figure etc.) are also the
same.

Thanh