[NTG-pdftex] /cwm

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Tue Mar 14 00:20:53 CET 2006

"RK" == Reinhard Kotucha writes:

 RK> As far as I can see, it's reasonable to add a new primitive so
 RK> that you can write

 RK>    \font\myfont=xyz \myfont \compwordkern\font = .2em

 RK> The TeX macro which breaks ligatures then can insert
 RK> \compwordkern for the current font.

 RK> This way we can have different kernings for different fonts and
 RK> we are completey independ of the fonts we use.

i think that you may utilize fontdimen for that - no need for a new
macro...  after loading a font, you are allowed to modify the
fontdimen registers (or you may decide to store the compwordkern in
the fontdimen directly in the TFM). as an advantage, it will also be
automatically scaled depending on the "magnification" of the font.

Best,
v.